Your cart is currently empty!
Over the last decade our lives have gotten a lot busier, and we have gravitated towards AV systems that are more intuitive and faster to interact with. This trend has resulted in the proliferation of three major device categories: the bluetooth speaker, which attempts to make playback seamless from a smartphone/tablet, the soundbar, which tries to to make playback effortless from TVs, and the app controlled Wi-Fi multizone system, which mostly succeeds in distributing music throughout the home with minimal fuss.
The problem with these above devices is they all make major sacrifices in sound quality and functionality in order to provide the “single tap” playback experience. In essence what we really need is a combination of the three: a sound system that marries well to a smartphone, a TV and distributes sound throughout the house. In the same way that the iPhone superseded feature phones and PDAs in 2007, the Marantz NR1508 is the industry defining product of 2017 that can respond to your mobile device taps, your TV channel changes and spread music throughout your house, all in a single unit not much larger than a DVD player.
At the heart of the NR1508 is a thoroughbred AVR with full 5.1 processing and amplification of Dolby and DTS HD audio formats, advanced room correction and complete 4K HDR video switching. Integrated into this solid foundation is a 2nd generation HEOS HS2 multiroom engine that distributes 4 sources to other rooms as well as making your home theatre a seamless part of your whole house music solution. All of this is controlled via a simple grid based app with a minimal learning curve.
- 5-channel discrete power amplifier, 50 Watts per channel (8 ohm, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 0.08% THD).
- 4K/60 Hz full-rate pass-through, 4:4:4 colour resolution, HDR and BT.2020, plus Dolby Vision compatibility and Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG; via future firmware update).
- 6 HDMI inputs (incl. 1 front) with full HDCP 2.2 support.
- Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio.
- Built-in Wi-Fi with 2.4 GHz/5 GHz dual band support.
- HEOS wireless multi-room integration.
- AirPlay, Bluetooth, TuneIn Internet Radio, Pandora, Spotify, Tidal, Network Audio Streaming.
- DSD (2.8/5.6 MHz), FLAC, ALAC and WAV support.
- Audyssey MultEQ, Dynamic Volume and Dynamic EQ.
- Colour-coded speaker terminals, Setup Assistant, Advanced GUI, Marantz 2016 AVR Remote App.
- Intelligent ECO mode with off/on/auto setting.