Your cart is currently empty!
The design of the HDA range draws upon all of Arcam’s experience as one of the UK’s most respected audio companies, to produce Arcam’s best performing range of audio products yet – using the best quality components and engineering practices, the HDA range is designed and built to give you years of listening enjoyment.
There are two frequent problems with hi-fi amplifiers. Class A, the traditional audiophile’s choice, uses a single power supply constantly running at full capacity, even when there’s no signal coming through. Great for reproducing those subtle details at low levels however struggles to provide extreme power when needed.
Class A/B, the most common amp class, switches between the two internal amplifiers, one for each half of the waveform. Far more efficient but often a recipe for crossover distortion, since those low-level details we crave can get lost within any mis-match between the two switching over.
Class G is essentially a hybrid amplifier, utilising Class A specifically for low-level signals, but when required switching in an additional power supply to power those larger sections of the waveform.
- 90 watts x 2 channels into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.5% THD
- efficient high-voltage Class G amplifier
- THD: 0.002% (80% power, 8 ohms at 1kHz)
- built-in high-performance ESS 9038K2M Sabre DAC
- toroidal power transformer for low noise and high-current output
- Processor Mode lets you connect to a surround sound receiver or pre/pro and use the SA20 as a power amp
- remote control included
- 1 optical and 2 coaxial digital audio inputs
- 3 stereo RCA audio inputs
- stereo RCA phono input for moving magnet phono cartridges
- Ethernet port for connecting to a home network
- enables wireless control with your mobile device using Arcam's free control app
- RS-232 port for use with third-party control systems
- Type-A USB for firmware updates
- 1 stereo RCA preamp output
- L/R speaker outputs with binding-post connectors