Your cart is currently empty!
This product is eligible for a free IsoTek gift with purchase as part of the Electric Summer promotion! View details of the promotion here.
Prime Elevation Speaker Pair
The Prime Elevation is the perfect speaker if you desire the most immersive height effects experience possible, or an easy-to-install high performance home theater speaker that solves a multitude of room placement issues.
The world’s most versatile high performance home theater speaker, SVS Prime Elevation delivers stunning performances as an uncompromised, full range height effects speaker and as a multi-purpose home theater speaker that solves countless room placement issues and installs easily with the innovative Multi-Angle Wall Bracket (patent pending).
WHAT ARE HEIGHT EFFECTS SPEAKERS AND OBJECT BASED SURROUND SOUND?
Exciting new surround sound formats such as Dolby Atmos®*, DTS:X® and Auro 3D®, often referred to as “object based surround sound”, unleash the ultimate immersive home audio experience by incorporating sound effects emanating from overhead. Previously, surround sound only existed on a single plane, but Height Effects Speakers are introducing a higher dimension of home theater audio.
DIRECT RADIATING VS. CEILING BOUNCE HEIGHT EFFECT SPEAKERS
The prevailing approach to height effects relies on a frequency response limited speaker beaming sound towards the ceiling from below in hopes that it will bounce perfectly back towards the listening area. Ceiling bounce results are unpredictable because of room shape, ceiling design and a number of other factors so it only works under perfect conditions.
Prime Elevation is an optimal height effects speaker because it directly radiates full-range sound to the listener, refuting the compromised ceiling bounce approach. Our novel solution provides an uncompromised listening experience for anyone who wants to enjoy maximum sonic impact from their state-of-the-art home theater.
DIRECT RADIATING FOR MAXIMUM IMMERSION AND IMPACT
The SVS Prime Elevation is a direct radiating height effects speaker with full range dynamics and the refinement of a high end bookshelf speaker. Mount it high on a wall near the ceiling using the simple Multi-Angle Wall Bracket (patent pending) and object based surround sound can be enjoyed at full fidelity in any room, without the compromises of ceiling bounce or in-ceiling speakers.
CEILING BOUNCE IS COMPROMISED AND UNPREDICTABLE
The standard approach to height effects speakers, bouncing sound off the ceiling from below, requires perfect room conditions and frequency response limiting of the speaker, both of which negatively affect sound quality. Unfortunately, this method doesn’t work well in many rooms, and even when it does work, not all listening positions enjoy the same level of impact or immersive effects as they do with a full-range, direct radiating solution like Prime Elevation.
ONE SPEAKER, SO MANY PLACEMENT ISSUES SOLVED
With its groundbreaking design, stunning acoustics and innovative mounting solution, Prime Elevation is the world’s most adaptable home theater speaker, creating immersive sound and convincing effects in rooms where perfect speaker placement is not possible or practical. Plus, it’s incredibly easy to install nearly anywhere with the innovative Multi-Angle Wall Bracket (patent pending).
The Prime Elevation’s optimized, angled front baffle and advanced engineering enable it to perform amazingly as a front, center channel, surround, back surround, and/or LCR speaker.
EASY, INNOVATIVE AND SECURE MOUNTING BRACKET
Since the Prime Elevation will often be wall-mounted, our engineers specially designed the innovative Multi-Angle Wall Bracket (patent pending) so you can easily position and install the speaker in any of four directions: up or down-firing, and side or rear-firing, to get the best performance possible. Even in the most challenging rooms, installation is a snap with the included template and mounting hardware.
- Rated bandwidth: 55 Hz-25 kHz (±3 dB)
- Nominal impedance: 8 ohms
- Sensitivity: 87 dB (2.83V @ 1 meter full-space, 300-3kHz)
- Recommended amplifier power: 20-150 watts
- Black Ash, Black Piano Gloss and White Piano Gloss finish options
- 5-way binding posts
- 1” wide-flared rear-firing port
- Cloth grille with pin/cup retention system
- Magnetic SVS Logo which can be removed and oriented according to speaker application.
- Elastomer stick-on bumper feet (adds 3mm to height)
- Unique SVS Multi-Angle Wall Bracket (patent pending) system that allows speaker to be wall mounted in any of four positions
- 1/4" brass insert for use with included SVS Multi-Angle Wall Bracket and other bracket mounting systems.
- Cabinet Dimensions: 9.25" (H) X 5.44" (W) X 7.88" (D)
- Overall Dimensions: 9.4" (H) X 5.44" (W) X 8.33" (D) (includes grille, binding posts and bumper feet)
- Overall Dimensions: 9.25" (H) X 5.44" (W) X 8.98" (D) (includes grille and SVS Multi-Angle Wall Bracket)
- Shipped Dimensions: 9.30" (H) X 12" (W) X 18" (D)
- Weight Unboxed: 7.8 pounds
- Shipped Weight: 20 pounds
- 1” Tweeter:
- FEA-optimized diffuser for airy and unveiled presentation
- Aluminum dome delivers exceptional transient response and exceptional stiffness/mass ratio
- 4.5” Woofer:
- Polypropylene cone for excellent stiffness/mass ratio and pistonic behavior
- Aluminum shorting ring to reduce gap inductance, lower distortion, and enhance high frequency response
- Cast ABS-fiberglass composite basket ensures precision component alignment and excellent thermal transfer
- Vented voice coil former minimizes air compression artifacts
CROSSOVER & CABINET SPECIFICATIONS:
- 2-way crossover with premium-grade capacitors, air-core inductors and heavy-trace printed circuit boards
- Crossover network delivers outstanding phase coherency and time domain behavior
- Tweeter-to-woofer crossover: 2.5 kHz (12 dB/octave slopes)
- Acoustically transparent and FEA optimized grilles minimize diffraction
- Chamfered front baffles and flush-mounted drivers reduce edge diffraction and improved off-axis high frequency response
- FEA-optimized cabinet and extra thick MDF bracing eliminate resonances
- Angled baffle and optimized crossover combine for perfect acoustic performance at any position.