Your cart is currently empty!
THE FUTURE IN ANALOG PLAYBACK
The Helix 2 is engineered to deliver unparalleled performance in analog playback. It raises the benchmarks for noise reduction and preservation of signals due to its unique Micro Signal Architecture (MSA) design.
The complex chassis design of the Helix 2 incorporates technological innovations to eliminate cloudiness and time signature smear inherent in a turntable’s basic design premise.
This fresh approach addresses each aspect of noise and vibration suppression using the latest in visualization techniques, engineering concepts, and patented technologies.
Other innovations achieved by the Helix 2 design team include:
- Active transmigration of vibrations away from the bearing and platter.
- Motor drive control over fluidity and dynamics eliminates motor “hunt and seek” disruption to platter rotation.
- Adaptation and integration of a Negative Stiffness Mechanism NSM©, a unique isolation system originally developed by Minus-K and customized in conjunction with Audio Union, for isolation of low frequency floor vibrations.
Schroder CB TONEARM
Historically mechanical crossovers have been well documented in loudspeaker design for decades. Experienced designers such as Dr Plamen Ivanov Valtchev in Europe have published numerous papers (AES, patents, etc.) on advanced mechanical speaker structures and designs.
Here is a summary of one successful implementation.
Coupling the cone of the speaker to a voice coil bobbin through a compliant section and directly attaching a small lightweight whizzer cone allows the compliant section to serve as a compliant filter!
The main cone is not vibrated at higher frequencies as whizzer cone responds to all frequencies, however due to its smaller size; it limits the output at higher frequencies, thereby implementing a "mechanical crossover function".
From this method we learn the shape and weight of the components influence the acoustic behavior under vibration. Therefore, selection of materials and the suspension elements utilized actually determine the crossover frequencies and their effectiveness! This is not necessarily a good approach for a tonearm, even disregarding the complexity of integration needed to achieve our high fidelity goal.
THE CB TONEARM FEATURES SEVERAL UNIQUE TECHNOLOGIES AND SOLUTIONS
- Magnetically centered and pre-loaded ceramic hybrid bearings eliminating bearing chatter completely, guaranteeing constant rigid structural coupling and silent ultra-low friction movement.
- Unique system for lateral movement damped by eddy current induction.
- Extremely low bearing stiction/friction through the use of magnetically centered and pre-loaded ceramic hybrid ball bearings.
- Symmetrical mass distribution around the central bearing axes prevents external excitation to cause any cantilever deflection
- The geometry and mass balance prevents change in VTF when altering VTA
- Bearing for vertical movement is on the same plane as record, so the arm is immune to warp wow effects
- Wiring harness with extremely low dielectric losses allows mounting of any MM cartridges with proper capacitive load at the phonostage.
- Symmetrical layout of the conductors preventing RF and EMI entering your preamplifier.
- Multi-layer armwand construction using carbon fiber and other composites create extreme torsional and bending stiffness with very high internal damping factors. This prevents any signal reflection back into the cartridge.
- A dual section counterweight is incorporated with an adjustable damping system. This allows tuning of structural vibration absorptions to prevent signal reflection across the armwand. Magnetic anti-skating; essentially the forces vary across the record during playback to correctly compensate for the skating forces